Sunday, May 1, 2011

April Blog Carnival - Colour

The Starving Artists team monthly blog carnival is here again with the subject being colour in your work.  This is particularly important to me, especially at the moment with my venturing into looming and designing patterns.  I use Miyuiki Delica No 11's - and absolutely love the myriad of colours that are available to you within this range, the various shades and hues in each colour is amazing.


Last night driving home, the sky was ablaze with various shades of blue, purples, pinks - the way they merged together was breathtaking and inspiration for a pattern design such as this.



Colour gives a pieces perspective, it can either make or break a design.  I'm not partial to any particular colour, I love them all - whether bright happy colours or subtle shades, they can all reflect a mood. These patterns are an example of that:




My first piece I created on the loom was full of colour - although predominately an aqua blue, the other shades defined the piece.



So how does colour influence you?  To find out how other members of my team are influenced, check out their blog posts!

Musings of a Northern Girl

Island Girls Insights

Bead Sophisticate

J3Jewelery

The FamiLee Jewels

7 comments:

  1. Oh my... you'll have a store's worth of Miyukis in no time, Caron. lol

    Your loomed pieces are great, and yes full of color. I look forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually have a bead loom but at the moment I'm into free form peyote... NOt having to follow a pattern is nice! But looking at your braclets makes me wonder if I should try! Lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it would be dangerous for me to work with the tiny beads Caron. I would have to own every color of the rainbow. Your new cuffs are stunning.I really enjoyed the leopard print that you did for the April challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually own a loom but so far have kept my renewed interst in seed beads to free form peyote... no pattersn suites my style... However after looking at your gorgeous bracelets I may have to rethink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Caron,

    I can't believe it took you this long to cross to the dark side! Your designs are wonderful, and I'll repeat, full of color. Can't wait to see more.

    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see where this journey is taking you, Caron.
    That cuff is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cuffs and patterns are amazing, I love them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time and stopping by my blog. Your thoughts are appreciated. x