Saturday, October 3, 2009

Seller Update

Lampworking is a type of glasswork that uses a gas fueled torch to melt rods and tubes of clear and colored glass. Once in a molten state, the glass is formed by blowing and shaping with a variety of tools and hand movements (Wikipedia).

This past 12 months, I have discovered the beauty of lampwork. There are some incredibly talented artists who make the most amazing beads. One such artist is Gail from Beadles. I am lucky to have a stash of her beautiful creations and recently combined some of my PMC with her lampwork beads to create a necklace which has become a firm favourite of mine.

Here is a picture of that necklace - Gail has kindly featured a number of artists who have created works using her beads including myself. http://www.beadles.de/caronreid.htm

Do yourself a favour and check out some of her designs - you won't be disappointed!





2 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I love Beadles' work!! I love your work too - great necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning necklace Caron!
    Always love to see how artists use fellow-artists components.
    Cheers,
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time and stopping by my blog. Your thoughts are appreciated. x